Friday, 14 October 2016
I got a little underwater the last month and didn’t post a single picture. Here are a selection from Day 20 through Day 44 of school.
A few highlights:
- students trying to convert metric units via King Henry Died By Drinking Chocolate Milk but not knowing what to do when they encounter the mega prefix, so tacking it on at the front incorrectly
- teaching a complete 2-week long outdoor ed and leadership course called Discovery — including a backpacking trip to Pine Mountain Trail south of Atlanta
- observing Ally Week, National Coming Out Day, and attending Atlanta Pride to support my LGBT students
- setting things on fire with parabolic mirrors
- learning the law of reflection and applying it to the mirror maze quiz (that picture below astonishes me because the laser light looks fake)
- just getting started on refraction and several students are already noticing the critical angle
After we built the musical instruments (spending 3-4 class days on it) I felt like I was playing catch-up, a feeling I didn’t shake till this past Friday.