Tuesday, 16 August 2016
So yesterday was the first day of school which consisted of 35 minute classes, a pep rally, and picnic lunch. I didn’t take a single picture all day long.
Today was better (from a documentation standpoint).
Before I taught any kids, I had the chance to work with my daughter and a friend (both students at Georgia Tech) on an Arduino project that I may use in my JanTerm Maker class. It’s an LED cube like this:
We got one cube assembled and tested in a little over an hour. I’m excited to get the Arduino circuit hooked up tomorrow.
Last year’s electronics/Arduino project was over their heads, so I’ve been searching for a better option. So far, this looks like a great replacement for the 9th and 10th graders to build.
Then some kids showed up for class.
Finally, I assigned some reading from Physics Classroom for homework. I stressed that they’re to read and answer a few conceptual questions in no more than half an hour. Fingers crossed that my new homework system works out.