Tuesday, 8 December 2015
We used time today to wrap up work on the automated irrigation project. Above, the team of electricians from one class are caught in a genuine moment of discussion about how to install the probe into the raised garden bed in front of them.
Shoutout to Tim from Vegetronix for creating a quality soil moisture sensor and relay control board. We found the materials easy to work with and well-documented. Tim is also super-responsive to emails.
The project’s far from done but we’re out of time. I’ll finish the project on my own over the winter break because the greenhouse managers need a working system.
This project definitely requires more reflection from me — look for it on my full-length blog.